I have moved to another training practice, what do I need to do?

When you begin your veterinary nurse training, you are registered by the RCVS at an Approved Centre. If you change employment and move to another practice, it is very important that both the receiving Centre and the RCVS are informed of the change immediately, using the VN Student Change of Details form.

Please ensure that you get this form signed by both your Practice Principal and Head of Centre. You should then either post it to the RCVS or scan and email the form to vetnursing@rcvs.org.uk. Failure to notify the RCVS of changes to your employment and/or approved centre may jeopardise your VN training.

Related FAQs

  • Yes, but your college will need to send us a signed VN Student Change of Details form (see 'Related documents' box) along with a covering letter explaining when you are taking a break. You will no longer be classed as an active student, so when you return to training, your college will need to inform the RCVS when you return to training so that your student status can be re-activated. Your enrolment period will remain the same.

  • You will need to send a request to extend your enrolment period in a letter to Veterinary Nursing department, along with a letter of support from your college and the principal of your training practice (if applicable). Requests are looked at on a case by case basis. The current one-year extension fee (2019) is £85. 

  • Please get in touch with your college who should be able to help you. If they cannot assist then they will get in touch with us or the awarding organisation on your behalf to resolve the issue. 

  • You can email, fax or write to us to change your personal details, but we cannot change details over the telephone. Please email vetnursing@rcvs.org.uk with your new details and name and enrolment number to inform us of a change of address.

  • You will need to send us a photocopy of the relevant official documentation (i.e. marriage certificate or deed poll) in order to change your name with the RCVS. This can be sent by post, fax or email using the contact details below. Please do not send original documents, as these may become lost in the post.

    If you have changed your name by deed poll, you must supply the official document, which has been signed by a solicitor. If your deed poll certificate has not been signed by a solicitor, we can accept the certificate as long as you are also able to provide a copy of your valid passport in your new name (the same name as stated on your deed poll certificate).