Skip to content

Updating your practice information

Find out when you might need to update your practice information and how to do it.

It’s important to update your information if there is a change to your practice premises. Circumstances where you’ll need to update your information include:

Moving to a new practice premises

If your practice is moving to a new premises, you must register it with the RCVS Registration department. You can do this by:

PSS accreditation is specific to a premises. If your practice moves, the new premises will need to be assessed.

Please contact us as soon as you are aware that you'll be moving premises. We can then give you advice and guidance on the PSS process for your new premises.

Opening or acquiring a new premises

All premises within a PSS practice or practice group must be accredited under the Scheme.

If your practice or practice group has:

  • recently opened, or
  • acquired a new premises,

or if your premises has:

  • recently opened, or
  • been acquired by a PSS practice or practice group,

please contact the PSS team at [email protected] to discuss the application and assessment process.

Changes to your accreditations

Your accreditation(s) may need to be amended following changes to your practice.

If you stop treating a species type at your practice, the accreditation level for that species will need to be removed. Please contact us immediately to notify us of any changes that might affect your accreditation.

You can also apply to upgrade your accreditations. For example, you might want to upgrade from Core Standards to General Practice. You can do this at any time between your four-yearly visits.

To be upgraded, your practice will need an Upgrade Accreditation Assessment, for which we charge a fee.

You can apply for an Upgrade Accreditation assessment on Stanley:

  • Go to ‘PSS events’, then
  • ‘Create New PSS Event’, then
  • ‘Upgrade Accreditation’.

You can also contact us at [email protected] to discuss the process.

Changes to your premises

If extensive refurbishment takes place at your practice, this may affect your accreditation.

Please contact us at [email protected] with details of the changes due to take place at your practice. We'll then review whether a visit or any further action is required.

Closing a practice premises or leaving the PSS

If you are closing a practice premises or leaving the PSS, you must notify our Registration department. You can do this by sending us a Register of Veterinary Practice Premises Removal form.

If your practice is staying open but leaving the PSS

If you’re leaving the PSS, we’ll inform the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) that your practice now falls under their inspection scheme.

Back to top