Skip to content

How do I set up a yearly Direct Debit?

Direct Debit forms are sent to all vets and VNs who don't have a Direct Debit in place at the end of the previous registration year.

Direct Debits are collected on an annual basis and cannot unfortunately be made in monthly instalments.

Please note, depending on when you set up your Direct Debit, it may not start until the following renewal year. If in doubt, or to request a new Direct Debit Application Form, please contact the Finance Department at

Related FAQs

  • You, or your employer, can pay your annual renewal fee by cheque, banker’s draft or bank transfer – please see below for the details.

    Credit or debit cards are only accepted with online payments. For security reasons we cannot take payments over the phone.

    Cheque and banker’s draft

    If you are paying by cheque or banker’s draft, these must be drawn in pounds sterling only and made payable to ‘Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons’. Please ensure you write the full name and registration number of the person the fee is for on the reverse. You should then send it to the following address:

    Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
    Belgravia House
    62-64 Horseferry Road
    SW1P 2AF

    Bank transfer

    If you are paying by bank transfer, please ensure you give the name and registration number of the person the fee is for as the reference.

    Bank name: Lloyds Plc
    Bank account name: Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons - Fees a/c
    Bank account number: 01066656 Sort code: 309897
    For international transfers:
    IBAN: GB93LOYD30989701066656
    BIC: LOYDGB21031 SWIFT number: LOYDGB2L

    Please note, all international bank charges, including that levied by Lloyds International (approximately £7.00), are incurred by the person paying the fee. Failure to pay this additional fee could mean that your annual renewal will not be paid in full and could result in an unsuccessful renewal.

  • Yes, once payment has been received, you will receive confirmation by email.

    Payment receipts are also available via the 'My Account' area.

    If you do not receive a receipt and you require one, please email the Finance Department at

  • You will need to send written confirmation, either by email or post, to We also advise you to cancel your Direct Debit directly with your bank.

  • Even if your employer is paying your annual renewal fee, you will still need to access the online 'My Account' area to confirm your Register details and complete your CPD and disclosure declaration.

    To view the full list of ways your employer can pay please visit the How to pay page.

    If your practice requires proof of the fee due, please use the annual renewal notice emailed to you.

    Please note you will be emailed a payment receipt, even if your employer has paid your fee. In addition, payment receipts are available to view in 'My Account', in the 'Receipts tab'.