- Fellowship Evening 2020
- Fellowship Day 2019
- Fellowship Day 2018
- Fellowship Day 2017
- Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice (CertAVP)
- Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing
- Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Nursing
- An overview of the Practice Standards Scheme
- Remote assessments
- Who runs the Scheme?
- Apply for accreditation
- Apply for awards
- Stanley Video Guides
- Promoting your accredited practice
- PSS Communications Toolkit
- Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Contact the Advice Team
- Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Surgeons
- Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Nurses
- Code of Professional Conduct app
- GDPR – RCVS information and Q&As
- Advice on Schedule 3
- I want to raise a concern about a veterinary surgeon
- I want to raise a concern about a registered veterinary nurse
- Confidential Reporting Line
MA VetMB DVD DipECVD FRCVS
Sue Paterson qualified from Cambridge in 1984. After a time in mixed practice in Devon she took her Certificate then British and European Diplomas in Veterinary Dermatology and has been an RCVS and European Specialist for more than 20 years. She has recently been elected as a Fellow of the RCVS for meritorious contributions to clinical practice.
She is the Veterinary Director of Veterinary Dermatological Ltd and Virtual Vet Derms, a veterinary telemedicine company.
She has published seven text books as well as writing numerous peer reviewed articles and contributing chapters to both small animal and equine text books. She lectures extensively in Europe and America.
Sue is the Senior Vice President of the European Society of Veterinary Dermatology. She is actively involved in BSAVA and is currently the Vice President of the Association.
Sue is a keep-fit fanatic, she runs, cycles and is a keen hockey player.
Council Member category
- Elected: 2014 - 2022
- Education Committee
- Brexit Taskforce
- Covid-19 Taskforce
- Graduate Outcomes Working Group: VetGDP Entrustable Professional Activities Task & Finish Group
- CPD Referral Group
- Recognised Veterinary Practice Sub-Committee
Declaration of interests
- Veterinary Dermatologicals - Veterinary Director
Veterinary Dermatologicals Ltd is a manufacturer of a range of veterinary dermatology supplements, shampoos, ear cleaners and soaps which are supplied to the general public and veterinary surgeons.
- Virtual Vet Derms Ltd. (subsidiary of Veterinary Dermatologists) - Veterinary Director
Virtual Vet Derms Ltd. is a subsidiary of Veterinary Dermatologicals Ltd. which contracts RCVS Veterinary Specialists and Advanced Practitioners to provide paid specialist telemedicine advice either directly or through a service agreement with Pawz Ltd to members of the general public and to veterinary surgeons in independent, charity-based or corporate practices.
Relevant financial interests, eg shareholdings, bonds and derivatives
- Veterinary Dermatological/Virtual Vet Derms - major shareholder
- Vetruus Animal Health - Veterinary Dermatology Consultant
- Dechra Pharma
- Elanco Animal Health
- Klox Technologies - Fluorescence biomodulation company
Appointments to other bodies
Trustee, Battersea Dogs and Cats Home (October 2020)
Membership of other veterinary or allied organisations
- BVA - Member
- BSAVA - President and member of BSAVA Council
- Chair of Trustees of BSAVA
- Member of BSAVA Advisory and Management Committee
- Member of BSAVA Audit and Risk Committee
- Member of Member Development Committe
- British Dermatology Study Group - Member
- European College of Veterinary Dermatology - Member
- European Society of Veterinary Dermatology - Senior Vice President
- World Association of Veterinary Dermatology (WAVD)
- Chair of Education Subcommittee
- Member of UK Health Alliance for Climate Change (as RCVS Council lead for sustainability)
Previous employment has been at the PDSA in Manchester, a large animal practice in Devon and a private referral practice at the Animal Medical Centre in Manchester. Last 12 years has been at Rutland House Veterinary Hospital in St Helens.
Qualifications (other than veterinary qualifications listed in the Register)
Interests relating to immediate family or close friends
Other relevant information
Hospitality from drug companies and payment for lecturing and writing over the last 5 years for Elanco, Dechra, Vetruus, Royal Cannin, Zoetis, CEVA, ICF