Skip to content

How do I update my accredited-practice information?

Please remember to update your information if there is a change to your practice premises. 

Moving to a new veterinary practice premises

If your practice is moving to a new premises, you must register it with the RCVS Registration department by submitting a Register of Veterinary Practice Premises Form and by paying the registration fee. View further information and copies of the form

PSS accreditation is specific to a premises, so if your practice moves, the new premises will need to be assessed.

Please contact us as soon as you are aware that you will be moving premises for advice and guidance on the PSS process for the new premises.

New premises / acquisitions

All premises within a PSS practice / practice group will need to be accredited under the Scheme.

If your practice / practice group has recently opened or acquired a new premises, or if your premises has recently been opened or acquired by a PSS practice / practice group, please contact the PSS team to discuss the application and assessment process.

Accreditation changes

Your accreditation(s) may need to be amended following changes to your practice. If you stop treating a species type at your practice, the accreditation level for that species will need to be removed. Please contact us immediately to notify us of any changes that might affect your accreditation.

You can also apply to upgrade your accreditations, eg from Core Standards to General Practice, at any time between your four-yearly visits. This will require an Upgrade Accreditation Assessment, for which an assessment fee will be charged.

You can apply for an Upgrade Accreditation assessment on Stanley (go to ‘PSS events’ > ‘Create New PSS Event’ > ‘Upgrade Accreditation’) or by contacting us to discuss the process.

Alteration to premises 

Should extensive refurbishment be undertaken at your practice, this may affect your accreditation.

Please contact us with details of the changes which are due to take place at the practice to review whether a visit or any further action is required.

Closing a veterinary practice premises

If you are closing a practice premises, you must notify the RCVS Registration department by submitting a Register of Veterinary Practice Premises Removal Form.

View further information and copies of the form

Leaving the Scheme

Please let us know if you are considering leaving the Scheme. The VMD will be informed that your practice now comes under the remit of their inspection programme.