Skip to content

Amending your registration

It's important that you notify us of any changes affecting your registration, so we can ensure your Register entry and contact details remain up to date.

Select an item from the list below:

Change your registration category

Please visit the following web page if you're a vet and you wish to change your registration category.

Update your contact details

If you change your Register or correspondence address, telephone number or email address, you will need to notify the Registration Department within 28 days of the change so we always have your most up to date contact details.

You can update your details online, by logging into My Account.

Alternatively, you can tell us in writing using the contact details at the bottom of this page. 

Your annual renewal notice will be sent to your correspondence address, so it is important that you keep this up to date and inform us as soon as there is a change.

Update your practice details

If you have changed your employer and you are now working at a new practice, make sure you either you or your practice have notified us so we can ensure your details and the practice staff list is kept up to date. 

Change your name

If you are wishing to change your name by marriage you can do this by supplying a photocopy of your marriage certificate.

If you would like to revert back to a previous name you have used that is already recorded on your RCVS record, you can do this by sending us a copy of your valid passport or ID card. If we only have your married name recorded then you will need to send us a copy of your Decree Nisi or Decree Absolute. Alternatively you can supply a deed poll certificate, please see below for more information on this.

To change your name for any other reason, or to use a name that has never been logged on your RCVS record, then you will need to supply a deed poll certificate. For more information on completing a deed poll, please visit the GOV.UK website.

Please note a deed poll certificate needs to be supported by a valid passport in your new name (the same name as stated on your deed poll certificate) or an official sworn statement carried out and signed in person by a solicitor stating that the relevant identity checks have been carried out and the two names noted in the deed poll certificate are of the same person.

You can complete a name change by uploading the relevant document(s) to the My Account area. Alternatively, you can send the document(s) by post, fax or email to the Registration Department using the contact details below.

We do acknowledge the inconvenience the above request may cause you. Unfortunately the relevant official documentation is required because the Register is a legal document.

Finally, if you are responsible for signing anything official, for example training records, prescriptions, certificates or the ordering of drugs, and your signature is changing following your name change then please ensure all relevant parties are informed.

Add additional qualifications

If you are a vet and want to request the inclusion of additional qualifications to your Register entry, please refer to the list of ‘Qualifications Approved for Inclusion in the Register’ (see the 'Related documents' box at the bottom of this page).

If you wish to include any of these qualifications in your Register entry then please provide a copy of the diploma or certificate. You can do this by uploading it to the My Account area or sending it by fax, email or post to the Registration Department using the details below.

If your qualification is not listed you can apply for it to be added by submitting a completed 'Application to add a new qualification to the RCVS list and post-nominals to your Register entry form, (see the 'Related documents' box). If your application is approved the post-nominals will be added to your Register entry.

Contact us 

If you need to get in touch with us, you can use the following details:

Registration Department
The Cursitor
38 Chancery Lane


We aim to respond to all requests to amend registration details within 3 working days. Therefore, if you have not received confirmation that your request has been completed during this period then please contact us on 0207 202 0707 or and we will have a look in to your request as a matter of urgency.