The Preliminary Investigation Committee (PIC) is a statutory committee under the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966.
Six veterinary surgeons and four non-veterinary members are appointed to the PIC each year to assist the assessment and investigation of concerns.
The PIC meets every month to decide if cases should be referred to a Disciplinary Committee hearing. The PIC Chairman provides a report of the Committee's activities to RCVS Council at the Council's three meetings each year.
- Mr John Anderson MBE - Lay member
- Mr Andrew Ash MRCVS - Chair
- Mr David Harding MRCVS
- Dr Stuart John Hill - Lay member
- Penny Howe - Lay member
- Mr Harvey Locke MRCVS - Vice-Chair
- Dr Jeremy Mantell MRCVS
- Prof William Reilly HonFRCVS
- Mr Timothy Skelton - Lay member
- Dr Adrian Ward MRCVS
Michael Hepper (T 020 7202 0755, E firstname.lastname@example.org)
PIC reports to Council
- PIC Chairman's Report March 2017
- PIC Chairman's Report November 2016
- PIC Chairman's Report June 2016
- PIC Chairman's Report March 2016
- PIC Chairman's Report November 2015
- PIC Chairman's Report June 2015
- PIC Chairman's Report March 2015
- PIC Chairman's Report November 2014
- PIC Chairman's Report June 2014
- PIC Chairman's Report March 2014
- PIC Chairman's Report November 2013
- PIC Chairman's Report June 2013
- PIC Chairman's Report March 2013
If you require any earlier reports dating back to November 1999, please contact the Professional Conduct Department.
NB With effect from 3 July 2013, and with the introduction of the Legislative Reform Order (LRO), there are no longer Lay Observers as lay members are now full members of the PIC.
PIC Lay Observers' Reports to Council with the PIC response can be viewed here.