Close Close

Welcome to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons

Amending your registration

Keeping registration, contact and practice details up to date

If you change your home address, telephone number or email address, please let us know as soon as possible, so we always have your most up to date contact details.

You can update your details online, by logging into My Account.




If you have changed your employer and you are now working at a new practice, you will need to notify the Registration Department, preferably in writing or in My Account, within 28 days of the change.

Your annual renewal notice will be sent to your Register address, so it is important that you keep this up to date and inform us as soon as there is a change.

To update your details, please contact the Registration Department on 020 7202 0707 or


Changing your name

If you have changed your name you will need to send us a photocopy of the relevant documentation (i.e. marriage certificate, deed poll certificate or decree absolute), to the Registration Department, so we can update your Register details. This can be done by uploading the relevant document to the My Account area. Alternatively, you can send this by post, fax or email using the contact details below.

Please note, as the Register is a legal document you will need to provide the relevant official documentation before we can change your name.

If you have changed your name by deed poll, you must supply the official document (the deed), which must be witnessed and signed by a solicitor. If your deed poll certificate has not been witnessed and signed by a solicitor, we can still accept the certificate as long as you are also able to provide a copy of your valid passport in your new name (the same name as stated on your deed poll certificate).

If you have any questions at all about this then please do not hesitate to contact the Registration Department.


Adding additional qualifications

If you want to request the inclusion of additional qualifications to your Register entry, please refer to the list of Qualifications Approved for Inclusion in the Register’ (see the 'Related documents' box).

If you wish to include any of these qualifications in your Register entry then please provide a copy of the diploma or certificate. You can do this by uploading it to the My Account area or sending it by fax, email or post to the Registration Department using the details below.

If your qualification is not listed you can apply for it to be added by submitting a completed 'Application to add a new qualification to the RCVS list and post-nominals to your Register entry' form, (see the 'Related documents' box). If your application is approved the post-nominals will be added to your Register entry.


Changing your registration category

For information on changing your registration category, or adding qualifications to your Register entry, please select one of the links below to visit the relevant page;


Contact details

Registration Department
Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
Belgravia House
62-64 Horseferry Road

F 020 7202 0740 E


We aim to respond to all requests to amend registration details within three working days. Therefore, if you have not received confirmation that your request has been completed during this period then please contact us on 0207 202 0707 or and we will have a look in to your request as a matter of urgency.

Website developed by netXtra