The Senior Team
The Senior Team, includes the Chief Executive & Secretary, the Registrar, the Director of Operations, the Director of Communications, the Director of HR, the Head of Legal Services, the Head of Education, the Head of Veterinary Nursing and the Executive Director of RCVS Knowledge.
They are responsible for the following:
- Hiring of staff (other than members of the Senior Team);
- Managing and controlling expenditure from day to day;
- Setting the work programme and ensuring that it is implemented;
- Providing adequate support to the Council and Operational Board in making strategic decisions;
- Communicating the values and culture set by Council.
To contact any member of the Senior Team please go to the 'Contact Us' section.
Communications is led by Lizzie Lockett
The Communications Department is responsible for communicating with veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses, stakeholders and the public.
- Media relations and press office
- Website and digital communications
- Public affairs and policy
Education is led by Christine Warman
The Education Department deals with the statutory and charter functions of the College relating to undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, and the professional development of veterinary surgeons.
Veterinary Nursing is led by Julie Dugmore
The Veterinary Nursing Department manages the regulatory functions relating to the Register of Veterinary Nurses, including the accreditation of qualifications leading to registration, as well as post-qualification veterinary nursing awards.
The Executive Office is led by Nick Stace
The Executive Office is responsible for providing strategic leadership and overseeing the operational management of the organisation. The Executive Office coordinates Council meetings as well as Committees of Council. The CEO has line management responsibility for the Senior Team and Chairs the Operational Board.
Nick is a Governor of the Royal Agricultural University, a Council Member of the National Trust and the Chairman of the Wild Network.
Human Resources is led by Kim Cleland
Kim Cleland is responsible for the Human Resources function throughout the organisation with a focus on leadership, talent and ensuring the college is a great place to work for all our employees.
Operations is led by Corrie McCann
The department is responsible for the provision of finance and IT services - software and hardware, and facilities, including reception and post room cover. The teams which make up these departments are:
- Corporate services
Registration and Professional Conduct
Registration and Professional Conduct is led by the Registrar, Eleanor Ferguson
These departments maintain the registers for veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and veterinary practice premises, provide advice and deal with concerns regarding fitness to practise. The teams which make up these departments are:
- Registration team
- Advisory team
- Investigation and case management team
- Hearings management
A team also manages the voluntary practice accreditation scheme: the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme. The departments are headed up by the Head of Legal Services & Registrar, who is a member of the Executive Office.
RCVS Knowledge is led by the Chris Gush
RCVS Knowledge is an independent charity that works closely with the RCVS on a range of issues, but particularly with regard to:
- Managing the RCVS Historical Collection on behalf of the veterinary profession in the UK;
- Providing a professional library and information service to practising vets and veterinary nurses; and
- Developing an Evidence Based Veterinary Medicine approach to veterinary practice, through the building of knowledge and the provision of high quality clinical and animal health decision making tools.
RCVS Knowledge is grateful to the donations provided by the RCVS and others to forward its aims and objectives, and welcomes new donors and sponsors.