- VN Council members
- VN Council meetings
- Membership of committees & sub-committees
- VN Council elections
- VN Council election 2021
- Mrs Samantha Jayne Anderson
- Mrs Kirsten Cavill
- Miss Rebecca Jane Clark
- Miss Sophie Louise Connolly
- Miss Olivia Jade Dunlop
- Mr Thomas Griffiths
- Mr Daniel James Hogan
- Mr Steven David Patrick Johnson
- Mrs Carly Kilby
- Mrs Donna Leigh Lewis
- Mr Lee Thomas Vaughan
- Miss Francesca Ware
- Miss Diana Elizabeth Joyce Wilson
- Mrs Tania Yelland
- Veterinary Legislation Review
- Governance reform
- Information for MPs
- Environment and Sustainability Working Party
- Veterinary Technician Working Party
- Review of Under Care and Out of Hours Emergency Cover
- Legislative reform consultation
- Fellowship Evening 2020
- Fellowship Day 2019
- Fellowship Day 2018
- Fellowship Day 2017
- Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice (CertAVP)
- Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing
- Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Nursing
- Overview of practice standards
- About the Practice Standards Scheme
- Which accreditation is right for your practice and how to apply
- What happens during an assessment?
- About Stanley, our support system for the PSS
- How do I update my accredited-practice information?
- How can I promote my RCVS accreditation?
- Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Contact the Advice Team
- Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Surgeons
- Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Nurses
- GDPR – RCVS information and Q&As
- Advice on Schedule 3
- FAQs – Common medicines pitfalls
- I want to raise a concern about a veterinary surgeon
- I want to raise a concern about a registered veterinary nurse
- Confidential Reporting Line
News and events
Unfortunately we have had to amend our programme of events for 2020 to adhere to the government's advice on social distancing.
Where possible, we have rescheduled events, whilst keeping the situation under review - as a result, they may be subject to further postponement or cancellation.
Information on our major events is listed below and you will find updates about others on our Events page.
- Veterinary Nurses Evening - rescheduled to Thursday, 12 November 2020 from 7.30pm as a virtual event. Further information and details about the event can be found on our VN Evening page on the website.
- FVE General Assembly - rescheduled to 10-12 June 2021 at Church House, London.
- Royal College Day - is scheduled to take place on Friday, 9 July 2021 at One Great George Street, London.
Further information for each of the 2021 events will be available closer to the date and in line with government's advice on social distancing.
- Royal College Day 2020 - the RCVS Annual General Meeting took place as a virtual meeting on Friday, 10 July 2020.
- RCVS Honours and Awards Evening - took place as a virtual event on Thursday, 10 September 2020. A recording of the ceremony is available to view from the Honours & awards section of our website.
- Fellowship Evening - took place as a virtual event on Thursday, 1 October 2020. A recording of the event is available from the Fellowship Evening page on our website.
If you have any queries about RCVS events, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
See a list of all the articles we have published relating to Coronavirus since the start of the pandemic:
- Council votes to extend temporary remote prescribing guidance with additional safeguards (12 October 2020)
- Report on fourth Covid impact survey published (5 October 2020)
- Temporary remote prescribing guidance updated and extended (2 October 2020)
- RCVS issues new coronavirus practice survey in September to gauge business impact (28 August 2020)
- Student vet nurse enrolment period extended (27 August 2020)
- RCVS Covid-19 Taskforce further extends remote prescribing guidance (6 August 2020)
- Leading vet organisations seek practice support for vet and VN student placements during pandemic (6 August 2020)
- Coronavirus: minor updates to RCVS guidance (19 May 2020)
- Pandemic forces further changes to RCVS ‘under care’ review plans (15 May 2020)
- Report on second COVID economic impact survey published (13 May 2020)
- Joint RCVS/BVA statement following PM's address (11 May 2020)
- Defra Secretary of State writes to professions on #WorldVetDay (25 April 2020)
- RCVS publishes survey results on impact of pandemic on veterinary businesses (17 April 2020)
- VN Council forms taskforce to consider alternative routes to registration for student VNs (17 April 2020)
- New guidance for how veterinary professions can help the national effort against COVID-19 (9 April 2020)
- Joint BVA and RCVS statement on anticipating extension of government restrictions (9 April 2020)
- Warning on donating propofol anaesthetic medicine to the NHS (7 April 2020)
- RCVS introduces further supportive measures for veterinary students regarding EMS placements (7 April 2020)
- Veterinary practices urged to complete survey to help gauge COVID-19 impact (3 April 2020)
- New measures to help spread cost of annual renewal fees and waive late-fee (31 March 2020)
- 25% reduction in hourly vet and VN CPD requirement during 2020 (30 March 2020)
- VN Council requests educators defer OSCEs and other assessments for SVNs (27 March 2020)
- BVA and RCVS statement on changes to veterinary work during Covid-19 pandemic lockdown (25 March 2020)
- RCVS Council temporarily permits vets to remotely prescribe veterinary medicines (24 March 2020)
- RCVS and BVA issue joint guidance on ‘key worker’ status for veterinary surgeons (20 March 2020)
- Practice Standards Scheme suspends all assessments (19 March 2020)
- Temporary suspension of requirements for VN students and training programmes (19 March 2020)
- RCVS team moves to home working for foreseeable future (18 March 2020)
- EMS requirements for vet students temporarily suspended (16 March 2020)
- College offers advice and reassurance to vet professionals (5 March 2020)