Skip to content

Registration and working in the UK

The examination is intended for overseas veterinarians who wish to obtain the right to practise in the United Kingdom and not for those who wish to obtain an additional qualification.

If you pass the examination you may register as a member of the RCVS which entitles you to practise veterinary surgery in the UK. However, membership of the RCVS is not a substitute for a work permit or for meeting UK immigration regulations.