On 18-19 June we are again teaming up with the British Veterinary Association (BVA) and the Veterinary Defence Society (VDS) to offer a two-day continuing professional development course specifically for overseas graduates practising, or considering practising, in the UK.
This follows the first such event, in November 2012, which was well received.
The concept was born out of the recognition that overseas graduates need additional support to get to grips with working in a country where there may be different professional practices, legal frameworks and cultural norms. Communications issues are also tackled, in a popular role-playing format.
The first of the two days will cover:
- An overview of the UK veterinary profession
- What is means to be a professional, developing skills and maintaining professional standards
- Identifying the right job and making it yours
- The support available when problems occur, and tips on avoiding pitfalls in practice
- Tips from an overseas vet who has succeeded
The second day is a masterclass in communications, using role-playing, led by the VDS.
Numbers for the event, which will be held at the BVA in London, are capped at 20, making it a personal and interactive experience.
For more information, and to register, please visit the BVA website.
A further event will be held on 27-28 November 2013.
The Practice Standard (May 2013)