From time to time we launch our own consultations in order to gain input into our activities from the veterinary and veterinary nursing professions and the general public.
Our current and previous consultations, from the last five years, are set out out below.
Date of issue
|3 May 2017||5pm, Wednesday 7 June 2017|
The following RCVS consultations have now closed, but may still be viewed.
- RCVS review of the use of telemedicine within veterinary practice (2017)
- RCVS review of continuing professional development (2016)
- Review of Year-One Competences for veterinary surgeons (2015)
- Review of Day-One Skills for veterinary nurses (2015)
- Practice Standards Scheme review - final stage consultation (2015)
- Use of the courtesy title 'Doctor'/'Dr' by RCVS-registered veterinary surgeons (2015)
- Proposals for the future of the RCVS Fellowship (2014)
- Proposal for new Royal Charter (2013)
- Review of the Day One Competences (2013)
- Practice Standards Scheme: Concept Note (2012)
- Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice (CertAVP) (2012)
- Draft Performance Protocol (2011)
- Specialisation in the veterinary profession (2011)
- Draft Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Nurses (2011)
- Draft Disciplinary Committee Case Management Protocol (2011)
- Draft Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Surgeons (2011)
- Draft Health Protocol (2010)
- Review of the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 (2009)
- Review of Extra-Mural Studies (EMS) (2009)
- Review of the PSS manual (2009)
If you would like further information on these, or older consultations, please contact Ben Myring, RCVS Public Affairs and Policy Officer, on 020 7202 0783 or firstname.lastname@example.org.