Terms of reference
The terms of reference of the Public Affairs Committee are to set a policy and communications agenda relating to the work of government, the Westminster Parliament, Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly and any other devolved UK Assemblies and EU and related matters. (View full terms of reference)
Anthony Roberts (T 020 7202 0735, E firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 11 May 2011
- 9 February 2011
- 13 October 2010
- 12 May 2010
- 10 February 2010
- 14 October 2009
- 13 May 2009
- 11 February 2009
- 15 October 2008
The terms of reference of the Public Affairs Committee are to set a policy and communications agenda relating to the work of government, the Westminster Parliament, Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly and any other devolved UK Assemblies and EU and related matters, as follows:
- To determine the issues to be addressed, the priorities and policy to be communicated.
- To monitor Parliamentary, political and other developments outside the College, including relevant national and EU legislation, making representations as required, and responding to consultation documents, in conjunction with other Committees.
- To co-ordinate the College's involvement in EU matters, to work with the British Veterinary Association (BVA) to co-ordinate the UK delegation of the Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE), to receive reports of FVE meetings and to appoint representatives of the College to attend FVE and other meetings in the EU, as appropriate.
- To receive reports of external meetings, to suggest opportunities and topics for discussion at appropriate meetings.
- To liaise with the Communications Board, in relation to professional and public relations issues (as outlined in the Communications Plan) including the production of the Annual Report, RCVS News, RCVSonline and other College publications, media relations activities, position statements and correspondence generally with the profession and the public.
- To oversee the development of policy on the role and responsibilities of the College, veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses or on matters of veterinary science.